Super Tuscan and Chianti Wine Tour, 4 Winery Visits
This tour is an amped-up version of our 3 wineries visit tour. We add an extra special winery to make the experience even more exciting and informative.
The tour takes place in the Chianti region, where we will enjoy organic boutique wineries. We will drive through luscious rolling hills, typical of the Chianti landscape, and we will get to experience a variety of typical, organic Tuscan wines and organic local food.
Your tour begins when you meet your guide conveniently in central Florence. After introductions, get into your chauffeured van for an exciting day exploring Tuscany.
First stop is a small, family-run organic vineyard where you will get to walk the grounds and learn about the grapes themselves, the wine production, and a little about how organic wine is classified and sold in Italy. You will get to taste some of their organic products paired with their wines and can of course do some shopping before we head out.
Then we will get back in the van and head to the next destination: another small winery with spectacular views of the landscape Tuscany is so famous for. There we will enjoy another explanation of the wine we get to taste and a light lunch to appreciate the wine even more. We will enjoy a variety of antipasti – typical Tuscan starters – including salumi, formaggi, crostini, organic olive oil.
We will then visit the third wine producer in her shop for more wine tasting and more wine making explanation.
Finally, we will visit our fourth winery, which boasts a wine cellar dating all the way back to the 1100s, and olive mills as old as the 1300s. We will enjoy some of Tuscany’s most famous red wines, and taste some olive oil that is still produced in the antique tradition. Then, we can head back to Florence for a nice nap before deciding where you will head for dinner!
Multiple wineries in Tuscany, Chianti area. Find out our Tuscan Wineries and Local Food: click here.
This tour will stop at various wineries in Tuscany. We will meet at Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, Florence. See the map
- 9:30 am Depart Florence. Begin to enjoy Tuscany!
- 10:30 am First vineyard visit, where the owner (or assistant) will give you a tour of the vineyards and cellars. You will then enjoy a guided tasting consisting of 3 red wines. (In case any wine is sold out, a white wine will be substituted).
- 12:00 pm Second vineyard visit including a red wine tasting, rose’ wine tasting, light lunch
- 13:00 pm Third winery/shop with a guided wine tasting
- 14:30 pm Fourth vineyard visit with wine and appetizers served
- 17:00 pm Estimated return time to Florence